Monday

Old clock turned photo frame


Old-clock-turned-photo-frame

I bought this vintage-inspired clock about 2 years ago. It was one of those battery suckers that never told time accurately and only looked pretty. So when it finally stopped working even though it had a fresh battery, I was kind of happy *insert evil background music*.... You know, because I get to alter it!


Of course, even in "death", the clock had to torment me a little more. It took a bit of time to actually dismantle it. *winks* This was from a few weeks ago....


This was from this past weekend...mid-way through the process when I was auditioning embellishments....yes, it was a tough audition, a lot of them didn't make the cut! *LOL*


Now,  I didn't start out thinking it would a photo frame but since I had multiples of a photo of my parents, I went for it.


Their heads form a heart. :)


White lace trim is just divine! Thanks Lizzy Hill! :)


It was a fairly easy albeit time-consuming project. But it turned out really pretty. What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

8 comments:

Sindhu said...

Beautiful transformation....Loved it...

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, it's absolutely stunning!! Wow!! So worth the time it took!! The lace and pearls are gorgeous!! I love how you arranged your parents' faces into a heart :) Spectacular, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hehehehe ... always a girl after my heart -- waiting for something to break or die to use it for something else! LOL!!! I love love love loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that lace Lizzy sent you! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgoodness, what a fun project, Yvonne! I have to admit that the silhouette cut photo made me grin from ear to ear.... makes me think of talking heads! LOL! LOVE all the pretty and elegant trims and embellies you used. SUCH a fun combination and totally makes ya smile!

Mitralee said...

Ohhhh I had been waiting to look at this ALLLLLL DAY! ROCK STAR ALTER!

Lynn said...

So cool and PRETTY! Very unique!

Lizzy Hill said...

Absolutely STUNNING! Man, I've had that lace for ages and done nothing with it....soooo glad it made it through the 'auditions', LOL!!! I reckon it's perfect for a picture frame. Beautiful:):)

Cindy deRosier said...

I love everything about this! You nailed the 'auditions' - everything is perfect. So creative!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It