Monday

Black and white altered box


Black-and-white-altered-box

One of my goals this year is to finish up all of my half-done projects or just get rid of them. *dramatic music plays in the background* 

Don't get me wrong. I love to recycle and repurpose but when the stuff you save for a rainy day starts to overwhelm you, you've got to take drastic measures, right? *winks*


Here's the first of my half-done projects that I managed to save from the "jaws" of the recycle bin....a black and white mooncake box. I remember spending quite a bit of time covering up this red box in remnant lace before applying a layer of black gesso. And then chucking it to a corner where it stood unloved and almost forgotten for the last few months. *Bad me!*


I added a coat of silver glaze to really highlight the texture from the lace and was about to do my usual clustering of embellishments thing when I found this lovely lace from old lingerie in my stash. And of course, decided to go another direction.


I think it turned out pretty classy actually. Another box to add to my mum's collection of decorated boxes.  

P/s: I always thought that these boxes will eventually be mine again in a few decades but apparently, my mum has promised my niece that she will get them. *LOL*


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

12 comments:

SD pooja said...

Ha ha ..The upcycled boxes will be handed over to next generation then,its good as you can always make new ones for you ;) I loved the black n white look of it and the texture :)
I have spent few afternoons getting rid of all the packaging boxes and decided not to collect any more :(

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Well at least it will still be in the family! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this!! Just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

This is stunning!! Wow!! You decorated it so beautifully!! I absolutely love, love it!! Your Mom (and eventually your niece!!) will treasure it ;) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Suman Pandit said...

This turned out so pretty Yvonne !! my collection of boxes is also increasing...high time I do something with them :)


Audrey Pettit said...

Good for you for tackling your WIP projects! This is absolutely stunning, Yvonne! The black and white combo is super elegant and classic, and I absolutely adore all the layered lace! The cluster around the flower is gorgeous! LOVE the texture and love the pearls and twisted lace. SO, SO cool!

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is gorgeous! I know just what you mean about finishing off half made projects! Judy x

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is beautiful!

Lizzy Hill said...

It turned out oh-so Audrey Hepburn elegant.... so GLAD it didn't get tossed. The silver highlighting was a fab idea:):)

Mitralee said...

if you were to make boxes in a row, the next one up would have a pretty victorian lady smiling because her dress was so pretty! Love the "buttons" you used...I know where those came from! YOU ROCK!

Lynn said...

Oh, this one is so special....very Victorian. I love it!

Karon said...

it's beautiful and love the lace. Glad you rescued it :-)

Cindy deRosier said...

This is so pretty. I need to tackle the half-done project pile as well.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It