Tuesday

The one-eyed girl in my art journal


The-one-eyed-girl-in-my-art-journal

I have finally kept up with art journaling for a whole year! That deserves a round of applause *clap clap*, right? Especially since it only took years for me to get here...*LOL*


There are many one-eyed girls in my art journals, partly because I don't want to cover too much of the background up and partly because symmetry is impossible if you don't do the eyes simultaneously. But let's go with artistic choice to make it sound more artsy fartsy, shall we? *winks*


The background was created by soaking up the residual mists from other projects and testing new mediums and stencils. The face was drawn with Sennelier Oil Pastels, inspired by the colours on the background.


P/s: I am travelling this week and feeling a little under the weather. I will catch up with your blogs soon friends! :)



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

5 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Hope you feel better soon, Yvonne...not good being away and not well.....I think this is my fave girl to date. Don't know why....she just looks more 'real' or something....love the bg colours in there too. And clap clap from me. That's a pretty impressive thing to do all year!! WELL DONE:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hope you feel better soon! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this! The colors are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Feel better soon my friend and safe travels. This is amazing!! Wow!! I just love everything about this!! The eye is memorizing!! Clap, clap on your impressive achievement, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Clap clap clap!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

She is absolutely amazing! LOVE your one-eyed girls, Yvonne! Congratulations on an entire year of amazing art journaling! And hope you are feeling better, too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It