Monday

Embrace the unknown....


Embrace-the-uinknown-art-journal-pages

Over the weekend, I experimented with my highly neglected mixed media supplies and went a little crazy in my art journal. Instead of overthinking, I embraced the unknown and just played with as many art supplies as I could! *winks*


I first coloured the gessoed base with Derwent Inktense blocks and water. Then I went in with gesso and stencils. And then another layer of stencil with walnut ink. Next, I dripped some Daler Rowney inks and did some stamping with Ranger Archival Ink. I finished with text written with black and white acrylic paint pens.

Happy week ahead friends! :)

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is absolutely amazing!! The layers and depth are stunning!! I love the colors!! This is spectacular my friend!! Wow!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

LOVE this Yvonne - so glad that you had some mixed media fun :) Your creation really touched me. The circle at the right seems like the "world/earth" to me. And your sentiment 'Embrace the Unknown' makes me think of all the people on earth that wake up every day to walk forward and embrace the day - the unknown - which is all the colors and splotches and lines and craziness of the mixed media. And then... the butterflies - our metamorphosis - the representation of how we march forward - growing/changing each day into the personalites that we are. There you have it - the Joi interpretation! I really love this!! Thanks bunches for your inspiration. Xj.

Shelly said...

This is awesome, Yvonne!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is just amazing! I loveeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

It looks like it was so much FUN to make! Lots of good playing and layering and experimentation. :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Pretty dang impressive. Bit of a change from irises and eyebrows!!! Love those butterflies....VERY nice MM!!

Dolly B said...

Looks fabulous. Sometimes its fun just to go with the flow and see what happens. What happened is beautiful
Mary

Audrey Pettit said...

Very cool! It's amazing to see all the depth of layers on here, and all the detail on a surface that's still relatively flat!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It