Monday

How to scrap the "not-so-great" photos...


Board-game-fun

So I had these "not-so-great" photos of the nephews playing a board game with grandma. The bright yellow board game was really very distracting. *winks*


Well, you've heard the expression, "Fight fire with fire." right? So I threw on more bright colours!

For instance, the bright red patterned paper mat gave the photos an "insta-lift" and made them appear a tad more interesting, right? [That's my story and I'm sticking to it! *hehe*]


Then I finished with a mix of different textures to add to the illusion of interesting photos. Did it work? *LOL*  

Playing along with My Creative Sketches.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

12 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a cute layout..

Lisa said...

It worked perfectly!! You did a fabulous job with the pictures!! The colors are perfect with the photos!! Gorgeous layout, Yvonne!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Yes, the red is great! I'm totally of the school of fighting fire with fire.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the colors you added to work with the photos and loving the big "B"!!!!

Lynn said...

You did extremely well in overcoming the bright colors and provided a distraction which actually enhanced the overall look of the layout. The embellishments make the photos look special.

Lizzy Hill said...

Works a treat! looove the red & also that the paper up top is plain, so it balances it nicely! I See you were one of the winners over at ARTastic......well done you!

Audrey Pettit said...

It absolutely worked! This is fabulous, Yvonne! Seriously one of my top favorites of yours! I actually love those photos, and love how you layered and arranged them. Such a great memory for the boys to cherish forever. The papers and primary colors you used are perfect. This rocks!!

~amy~ said...

Love all the colors!

Veronica Goh said...

Great take on the sketch Yvonne! Thanks for playing along with us at MCS!

Anonymous said...

I think this is fabulous and LOVE all the bright colors!

Ashley Horton said...

Great layout Yvonne! I love the patterned papers you mixed on your page!!

Leigh Penner said...

Great layout!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It