Tuesday

The story of the decorated lid...

LESSology-bottlecap-altered-box

So I found this old tin box in my "save-it-for-a-rainy-day" drawer [yeah, I have a box for the small stuff and a drawer for the bigger containers..*winks*]...it was beckoning to me to pretty it up [okay, it could totally be my imagination in the wee hours of the morning..haha]


I decided that I liked the discolouration of the metal so I just decorated the lid [okay, okay...I'll own up... I didn't have a piece of scrap paper nearby to cover it up... that didn't require getting up from my chair...]...



It was fun decorating the bottle cap with some beads and mica flakes...for LESSology Challenge #28: Open that bottle!


So, I'm thinking the juxtaposition of the old metal against the pretty lace/bloom could so totally work, right? *LOL*

P/s: Last week to play along with my guest Savannah's masking challenge. :)


Pin It

20 comments:

Denise van Deventer said...

So pretty Yvonne! Love how you fileld the bottle cap with bling and made it pretty! ;-)

SD pooja said...

So shabby,loved the textures of lace n trim and the bloom .Fab way to use that bottle cap..

Sandie said...

Stunning, love the beads!

Lizzy Hill said...

Mmmmmnnnnn.....metal & lace....YUM!!!! And this looks great...look how you used those lace flowers *wink* right back atcha!!!! Those little pink blingy bits in the bottle cap are sooooo pretty:):):)

Sherry Eckblad said...

Gorgeous. I think you can make anything look amazing.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Could you be any more amazing?!?!!?!? Yeah, yeah, yeah ... I know ... you could be! LOL!! This is AWESOME!! LOVING the lace and loveeeeeeeeee the bits you added to the bottle cap!!!

Lisa said...

You prettied it up beautifully!! It looks gorgeous!! I love the amazing lace!! It is just stunning my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

wow...this is pretty gorgeous....loved al detailings n use of bottle cap is superb yyam.

Ashley Horton said...

I love how you used those beads in the bottle cap, Yvonne! Such a pretty project!

Cindy deRosier said...

Very pretty! The beads are awesome. I love this color combination.

Unknown said...

Pretty.Those beads are lovely and the box turned out so cute.Great idea for the bottle cap

sandi said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely beautiful! LOVE what you've done with the bottle cap!

chillin with Quillin said...

very pretty, love the bling !!!!
Paula

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, so pretty, girl! LOVE the vintage appeal, and the way you've filled in that bottle cap with all those yummy bits is PERFECT!

Rose said...

so pretty!!! love your little in sites into the reason you do things.....didn't want to get out of your chair?? LOL

Annette Allen said...

you really do amazing things with lace.. I love how you decorated this adorable box.. so fun

Audrey Pettit said...

Lazy or not, I totally love that you left the raw metal of the tin on the sides! Makes such a great shabby chic contrast with the gorgeous top! LOVE that flower you created with the bottle cap. The beads and mica flakes you added to it are soooo pretty!

Josie said...

Amazing job! Love how you altered it and it doesn't look like an old tin at all... :)

Ella Swan said...

I do seriously like the old metal against the soft lace - looks very pretty!!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Very pretty! Love the bottle cap :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It