Monday

The Journey Begins - OLW/Scrapping out loud challenges

Supplies: Patterned paper (unknown), Cardstock: Bazzill (Brown), Stickers: EK Success & Toga, Flowers: Prima, Brads: Making memories, Mask: Tim Holtz, Ink: Distress Inks (Marmalade, Vintage photo, Brushed Corduroy, Walnut stain) & Stazon (timber brown), Others: Acrylic base, paper doiley, canvas paper (masking)

I love this photo of my oldest nephew S, carrying his newborn baby brother, J. He was so excited about being a big brother, telling me how he was going to take care of the baby. It is heartening to see how he has grown and evolved in a few short years.

This layout incorporates the challenge at Scrapping out loud which is to follow a grid pattern and also encompasses the word "Journey" from One little word. The title of the layout and the journaling is just a single line - "The journey begins." I didn't want to detract from the poignant photo and the line sums up exactly how I feel.


Some sanding and inking on the photo. A little fun with my new Tim Holtz mask with distress inks over canvas paper - amazing textured effect! I am so in love with Prima flowers! I often wondered why people raved about Prima flowers...now I know...they are so easy to use and add interest and dimension to a page without being too overwhelming. Well, better late than never! Are you a fan of Prima flowers?
Pin It

8 comments:

Jess said...

wow absolutely beautiful pg.! thanks for playing this week!

Anonymous said...

Neat take on a grid.

redmom said...

Gorgeous! I love the soft neutral shades and the clear backgroud really shows off that adorable photo!

Lynn said...

This is gorgeous! Love it!

Lucy Edson said...

This is stunning, Yvonne!! So elegant and simple - love your use of the acrylic!!

I am a huge Prima fan - I would hate to tell you how many I have! ;)

Denise said...

Beautiful!!!! Thanks for playing!

gudrun said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks for playing. :)

Denise said...

so pretty! love what you did!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It