You know how I love big bold punches of colour. But sometimes, I gravitate towards soft subtle pastel colours too. Here are 10 ideas for using pastel colours on your cards.:)
|Can I stick to the supplies I pulled out?|
1. Use pretty patterned paper and add dimensional elements to echo the patterns.
|Thanks PaperCrafts and Scrapbooking magazine|
2. Play with different textures on your card.
|A quick mixed media card|
3. Try a little stenciling with light modeling paste and a watercoloured effect for the leaves, then add dimensional flowers.
|A shaker card|
4. Make a shaker card with your sweet pastel sequins.
|I see more shimmering projects in my future|
5. Tone down bright colours with a shimmering Wink of Stella pen.
|The earth laughs with flowers mixed media card|
6. Go for a vintage vibe with tea-stained paper.
|Card for Lynnda Hosni|
7. Try out a pink and grey/silver combo.
|White space makes an impact|
8. Use white space to amplify the soft pastel colours.
|I love a good cup of tea|
9. Go for shabby chic with a little lace on chipboard action.
|When watercolour met washi|
10. Steal colours from a washi tape design and add textural elements to match.
There you have it. 10 ideas for using pastel colours on your cards. Which is your fave?
P/s: You can see the closeups of each card by clicking on the links to the original posts.