Thursday

An upcycled mooncake box = thread box for mum


Upcycled-mooncake-box

It seems that the years of collecting sturdy mooncake boxes has finally caught up with me. It came to "use it or toss it" time. And of course, I chose to use it. At least this one. *LOL*


I started with a lovely gold and red box that had some floral print on the cover. I used vintage fabric and trim to cover the sides of the box.


I went with an assortment of pretty Maya Road embellishments for the cover.


I really liked how it turned out...except for the photographing part....it's a pretty long box and the shiny gold surface made it extremely challenging to capture with a glare of sorts.


My mum was pretty happy about the new home for her thread collection. :) As for me, one box down, five more to go [unless I discover more!].

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

12 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

love the contrast the black and white/red fabric gives to the gold, very pretty Yvonne !!

Lynn said...

That is a marvelous recycled box. It looks like it should have been sold like that in the first place. I'm glad that you were able to make a pretty box even prettier and your mom got the sweet gift. I'm working on my stack of cookie boxes too...waste not want not!

SD pooja said...

Looks lovely !! Black ,red n gold look fabulous :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Very clever! Love how it turned out!

Lizzy Hill said...

It's a gorgeous box. Your Mum must've been really pleased with what you've done.....love the colours & only 5 did you say???!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I love love love how you transformed this!!!!!! LOVING the rich colors!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And nope ... haven't decorated yet ... too busy with Brian gone :( Will be doing it on the 21st... I asked my best male friend to come over and help me with assembling the tree (always Brian's job ... so I don't even know how to do it) and help with the outside lights! :)

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

This is super pretty dear! I bet your mother will love this gift :)

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning!! You did an amazing job recycling the box!! It looks so fabulous!! The details you added to the top are perfect!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Oooh, so pretty! I'm wondering if you have to clean out the box somehow or if the mooncakes are packaged in a way that leaves the box pristine.

Annette Allen said...

awesome.. this came out amazing.. totally love it

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, what a gorgeous transformation, Yvonne! Those are such pretty boxes to begin with, and then with your pretty additions they become masterpieces! Love the fabric you used on the side! Beautiful, and super useful, too!

Karon said...

Beautiful! Love the little embellishments and the scissors! TFS

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It