Tuesday

Recycling with Sonia Suprabha Venugopal! :)



My guest today is the fabulous Dr Sonia Suprabha Venugopal of Cards, Craft and Kids Projects. She makes the most awesome projects from found objects around the house. She has amazing green ideas which she so generously shares in tutorials on her blog! I love her attention to details as well as her fun ideas for crafting with kids! Today she shares how to make a beautiful dollhouse! She's also hosting a fantastic challenge with a really special prize for the lucky winner! :)

Let's check out some of Sonia's fave projects....




Doll House Making
Hi friends! I am so honoured and terribly flattered to be featured here on Yvonne's blog. I love recycling and am fascinated by Yvonne's blog because of this common passion we share! We also have another common factor we feature regularly on our blogs--kids!
I made this doll house with my 5 year old daughter who loves to craft with me.We decorated our doll house with handmade punchcraft flowers and some quilling .





Doll House Making
How to recycle a Box into a House
You can recycle any box into a doll house! At the top part of your box draw a horizontal line and drop a vertical from its center to reach the roof as shown. Draw sloping lines from the sides to meet the top center and you have made the shape of your doll house
Doll House Making
Use a knife or scissors to cut down from the top corner to meet the horizontal line as shown.Bend the flap  inwards at the line earlier drawn as shown to make the front of your doll house

Doll House Making
Do the same cutting and folding for the other 3 top corners of your box and you will have 4 triangular flaps as shown
Doll House Making
Bend the side wall at the level of the horizontal line and fold down the rectangular shaped flap as shown
Doll House Making
Stick the side wall flaps to the triangular flaps from the front and back of the house and the basic frame work of your doll house is ready.
Doll House Making
Make a roof by bending some cardboard over your doll house or measure out 2 roof pieces and glue them   over the doll house
Doll House Making
Our roof has 2 pieces of corrugated card glued down in the middle with pattern paper. We added some homemade fabric bows and punchcraft flowers on our doll house roof.
Doll House Making
These houses are quick and easy to make and I wanted to make a whole city of houses as a special project for Yvonne but due to a recent burns adventure I had to settle for only one doll house.
Doll House Making
I am so excited Yvonne let me choose a challenge theme for you to play along-- I felt there is nothing better than Recycling!!!
Do link up any project which involves recycling-- the more you recycle the better it is!!
As the prize for the challenge instead of crafty stuff which may not be universally appealing,I thought I will feature the winner on my blog: Cards Crafts and Kids Projects .I have never featured anyone at my blog before but realized that in blog land guest blogging is such a wonderful act of goodwill and friendship and I should continue the cycle !Thank You so much Yvonne!
_____________________________________________

Ready to recycle something found in your home? Please link your newly created project that features something recycled via Inlinkz [located at the end of the post] by Friday May 4. No backlinks please.

As always, please leave a little love for my guest Sonia.

 



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

35 comments:

Annette Allen said...

congrats to Sonia for being a guest blogger...I love how you recycled this box and made the cutest little house...what a fun and creative idea...

Crafterkhush said...

Way to go Doc.. Amazing doll's house.. You and Prisha really are a force to reckon.. Good job.. I shall definitely try and make something for this.. not too sure though...!!!Have a trip lined up but will try to give it a shot!!

Rose said...

how cute!! LOVE your quilling Sonia :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING!! I loveeeeee that house!

Romina Nahata said...

Wow! Yet another great recycling from our dearest doc !! Lovely !!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Congrats to Sonia on her guest blogger spot:) LOVE this recycling idea! LOVE that doll house--esp. the flowers and bow on the roof:)!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Thank You so much Yvonne for featuring me at your fabulous blog. I hope there are at least some players for the challenge.

Hussena said...

Congrats Dr Sonia on being featured in Yvonnes blog...you know we all love your recycled projects and as far as i am concerned you are a queen of recycling:)....your doll house looks so beautiful...i love all the details on it ...you and prisha have done a fab job on it !!!

Unknown said...

Congrats doc on being featured here.We all love your attention to detail and your fabulous projects.

Swathi said...

Yvonne I have a query !! I too recycle stuff to a certain extent. May I link up my previous posts or it has to be a new one

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Congrats Sonia on being featured here on Yvonne´s blog.I love to see your projects with your little one!!

Juhi said...

another one of Sonia's gorgeous recycled projects, I just love her work n tuts.......

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely fun & stunning! This is such a great project for kids (or really, anyone who feels like a kid sometimes....lol!) Hope you are feeling better with your burn adventure. Yikes!

~amy~ said...

EXcellent!!!!! Soooo fabulous!

Janice said...

What an adorable creation! Congrats Sonia on being Yvonne's guest!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Found the blog & challenge but do not see a link I can copy to put in my blog post to point back to this and enter.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Found the link to use in my blog post & have entered artwork I created by recycling upholstery scrap piece.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Cindy deRosier said...

Very cool! I love recycled projects. We do toilet paper tube crafts here practically every week. :)

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous House she has made.. Love seeing how she did it!!

Hugs, Linda

Angi Barrs said...

Wow...what a talented guest. Her ceations are gorgeous!

Ella Swan said...

WOW!!! What a WONDERFUL project!! Love the step by step - thanks!

Alice said...

very cool up-cycle project. thanks for sharing, Sonia!

Lynnda said...

How cute is that!!! Great way of upcycling!!! She is such a talented guest!!! Awesome... Hopefully time permits for me to play along!!!...Hugs...xoxo

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is absolutely darling, Dr. Sonia! Way to recycle something and turn it into a treasure.

Indira Tanwar said...

Another wonderful project by you and your daughter Dr. Sonia. Its looks totally fab!!

Katy said...

Love the birdhouse! I would never be able to tell it came from a cardboard box. Brilliant! :)

Neha Jain said...

project can be backlinked or it should be new???

Sanketi said...

Amazing dollhouse and nice tutorial!
I just added my link to an earlier post on my blog...but it is from April ..if it's not ok please feel free to delete!
Thanks.

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Sonia is amazing with her paper crafts, I always love visiting her blog, she recommend me to visit your blog & for entering here in challenge, & I like it..
I love recycling & everything which is healthy for our environment! I hope you will enjoy my blog!

Anonymous said...

Yvonne.. you've got the most awesome guest blogger to do this..

Doc.. I'm always impressed.. surprised with the work you do.. This one surely has my heart.. I've marked this as favourite.. and will surely try this with my kids.. Its awesome!! Lovely work!! Linking an earlier post.. as well.. :-)

Erum Tasneem said...

Sonia is so creative it is not even funny!

Suzan VonEssen said...

Lovely projects... both Yvonne and Sonia are so clever and crafty!!

Jaya Christina said...

cute cute cute.. Sonia.. u certainly did it again! :))

Neha Jain said...

winners announced??? if yes pls give link to that post and if not pls let me know when will winner be announced

thanks

Dr Sonia S V said...

Thank You so much friends for chiming in with such flattering words and wonderful projects. I had so much fun dropping in to your blogs and ended up following so many new bloggers!
I apologize for the delay in choosing the winner I had a tough job ....just mailed the verdict to Yvonne a few mins back and she will announce!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It