Monday

Today is what you make of it

Supplies: Tree stamp: Luxe Designs, Puffy Stickers: American Crafts, Letter stickers: Adorn It, Others: paint, animal stickers.

Today is what you make of it.

Today I was a painter and painted this piece on canvas...of course I had help...I stamped the trees first, then painted in the colours as suggested by the talented ladies over at this new challenge blog called The Next Step...apparently every one of us can be a mixed media artist..lol.. I had a lot of fun painting the canvas though...my Van Gogh moment...note my impressionist brush strokes..lol..I added the animal and letter stickers for some added dimension. The picture is of my older brother who has loads of baby pics (so jealous ;) in black and white (mine are all in colour...faded of course)...the benefit of being the first born to overzealous parents...

I love the completed piece and feel like an artist.... Painting has such a therapeutic effect, don't you think? Pin It

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun piece! I love how you did the trees! Great job! Thanks for playing along.

Lucy Edson said...

Yes, you are an artist! Love your project, Yvonne! Great idea on the trees - I love this technique because I can't draw very well and it really gives you a start! Thanks for playing along with us at The Next Step! :D

JgWM said...

I really like your painting and the added dimensional animals. I am so glad that you decided to play along with us. Gayle at The Next Step.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It